Monday, August 23, 2010

Just ducky


While walking around the square today, in the late afternoon sun, I started feeling a little sad. I could feel a touch of fall in the breeze, and realized that these beautiful sunny afternoons would soon turn to cold and rain. I visualized myself walking around in my Columbia Titanium raincoat, with a plastic bag over my camera, wondering if anyone would show up. I might have to photograph the rain pounding on my Reebok Gore Tex boots. All those negative feelings disappeared when I saw the “duck” sitting on this guy’s backpack. Why does he have a large yellow duck? I don't know. But, I suddenly realized that my Oregon Duck’s take the field at Autzen Stadium in 12 days, 13 hours, to defend their Pac 10 championship. Who cares about the weather, or who shows up at the square, college football season is coming! GO DUCKS!