Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Missed Vanna White













Unscheduled events are the most frustrating things about doing this photoblog. I check the Square calendar and some other sources to keep up on coming events. Once in awhile I miss something, and that always upsets me. This was the most frustrating day of all! I missed Vanna White doing a commercial for Wheel of Fortune. It wasn’t on the Square calendar, because they didn’t want a huge crowd. I try to get there at noon on most days to check out the action. When I arrived today I noticed a large film crew shooting something in the middle of the Square. By the time I got my camera out and got in position to shoot, they were turning out the last light. I asked a crewmember what was going on, and he gave me the shocking news. They had just completed shooting the Wheel of Fortune commercial and Vanna was gone. Vanna was gone! I felt totally defeated, this was my big chance, Vanna White on Pioneer Courthouse Square, and I missed it. The only thing left to shoot was the crew taking down the equipment. Please forgive me, I promise to be more diligent in the future.