Saturday, August 27, 2011

Festa Italiana: My favorite event











































Festa Italiana is my favorite event held on Pioneer Courthouse Square. Long before I stared doing this blog, I always tried to check it out each year. Although, I’m not of Italian descent, I love the food, music, dancing and the general atmosphere of Festa Italiana. Most of all I like the way the organizers conduct the event. They don’t close off the square, and require a donation or admission fee to attend. They leave it open to anyone who wants to wander in, even if they have never heard of Italy. Several local Italian restaurants offer Italian Food, Wine/Beer Garden, Nonstop Entertainment and Dancing in the Square for four days, Thursday through Sunday. Congratulations on this year’s terrific event. I’m already looking forward to next year.