Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Be seen, be safe





















Sorry folks, I’m a little late posting this cool event on the blog. It’s Trimets second annual safety event held at Pioneer Courthouse Square last Friday evening. It’s was all about being visible when you’re walking or riding a bike after dark. It was loaded with ideas for being seen at night. They had a fashion show to prove that you can be fashionable, and seen by motorists at the same time. The event also featured entertainment and an evening bike ride. It was a fun event, but it made a serious point. Be sure you can be seen at night when walking or riding. Stop by a bike shop or sporting goods store and get some gear that will light you up at night. As I left and got on my bike to ride home, I noticed I need a new battery for my headlight, and a large blinking light for my backpack. Thanks Trimet for reminding me, I will take your advice!